Mergers & Acquisitions
Mergers & Acquisitions Information
Since 1983 the Brown Insurance Group has grown not only from the sales of new insurance policies but also from the Merger with and Acquisition of other insurance agencies. Over the past 35 years these mergers and acquisitions have been an important part of what we do.
We have always been blessed with very strong customer support employees. They all have the experience of providing excellent insurance customer service and support for many years. We have a personable, hardworking, detail oriented, conscientious staff of employees. As a result we have been able to smoothly fold in to our organization books of business from other insurance agencies and maintain high retention of those customers.
In addition to our staff, we represent a very strong and large group of insurance companies to not only incorporate the existing customers of these mergers and acquisitions but to also provide the agency owner with strong markets, if their goal is to continue in the business.
Our approach to Mergers & Acquisitions is very flexible because we recognize that each agency owner is in his or her own unique circumstance with their own unique goals. It is not just a numbers or ratio transaction but it is personal not only to the agency owner but also to us. Our goal in any merger or acquisition is to make it seamless and a non-event to the customer and to make it something the agency owner feels totally good about. Something that addresses the agency owners specific motivations. That might be an agency buyout; an agency perpetuation plan; the desire to continue in the business but have someone else handle the “back office”, ie all of the administrative work including employee, customer, vendor and carrier relationships.
If you are an agency owner or if you are a producer that owns your book of business, and you have ever considered selling or merging or something in between please contact Lon Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org. There is certainly no obligation and any discussions we have will be held in the strictest of confidence.
Our goal is to help you achieve your goal.
Below is a list of our Mergers and Acquisitions since 1983:
- 1984 - Earl Allen & Son, Summitville
- 1984 - Gail Orbaugh & Son, Elwood
- 1986 - Jim Bales Agency, Anderson
- 1987 - Worth Nance Agency, Anderson
- 1989 - Rozelle Agency, Anderson
- 1989 - Insurance Advisors Agency, Anderson
- 1993 - Fearrin Agency, Carmel
- 1995 - Larry Walker Agency, Anderson
- 1995 - Marsh Agency. Zionsville
- 1996 - Johnson Agency, Indianapolis
- 1997 - Henson Agency, Brownsburg
- 1998 - Hunter Agency. Noblesville
- 1998 - M-J Agency, Anderson
- 2000 - Jack Wood Agency, Indianapolis
- 2005- Salin Bank/Key Agency, Brownsburg
- 2008 - Security First Agency, Indianapolis
- 2014 - AMJ Personal Lines Agency, Indianapolis
- 2014 - Michael Jackson Agency, Brownsburg
- 2014 - Edwards, Smith & Prather, Carmel
- 2015 - Willard Jelley Agency, Brownsburg